My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

General Conference Book Club

Okay, I have been wanting to be doing this since last October Conference Ensign mentioned it as suggestion for getting more out of conference. I will state right here, this idea is not unique to me, I can't take any credit for the organization. I will be copying my discussion ideas from a fellow blogger at diapersanddivinity.com. She is on the 4th or 5th round of this and I don't need to re-invent the wheel that she has already crafted so well. I just wanted this to stay a little more personal with family, friends and people I know.
So, here goes.......I will try to post every Sunday the talk/discussion topic for the week. Since we have not recieved our Conference Ensign yet, how about we start with Favorite Talks, impressions, and goals we have set for ourselves.
I truly loved these sessions!! My favorite talk that stood right out was President Dieter F. Uctdorf's Sunday morning talk. It was titled "Waiting on the Road to Damascus" and was mainly about conscecrating our lives to service and sharing the gospel. My favorite quote was, "Some people would rather pull a handcart across the plains, than to bring up religion with their friends and coworkers." He was very straightforward and I always enjoy listening to his accent :). A personal goal that I set after listening to conference is to make a greater effort to attend the temple regularly. Now, my regular attendance might not be the same as someone else's regular attendance, but I can make it regular and planned and a part of my schedule. That is what I hope to really work on in the coming weeks and months. Happy reading, please share......

No comments:

Post a Comment