My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mount the Defense!!

"A wise parent would never miss a chance to gather children together to learn of the doctrine of Jesus Christ. Such moments are so rare in comparison with the efforts of the enemy. For every hour the power of doctrine is introduced into a child's life, there may be hundreds of hours of messages and images denying or ignoring the saving truths."


Henry B. Eyring, "Teaching True Doctrine," Ensign, Apr. 2009, 6–7

I really love this!!!  I stole it from an email my Dad and Mom just sent out to all their kids.  It reminded me of a talk in Stake Conference when a lady was asked what can we do when the world is bombarding our children with evil or wickedness on every hand.  She answered that she would bombard (in a good way) her family with the opposing side.  In music, in books, in pictures, in entertainment.  She would counter the world with all that is good and do it 24-7.  I agree!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment